dates & DEADLINES
Guideline to Submit your application
The Washington Center offers programs during the spring, summer and fall. We recommend that you apply by the deadlines posted below. Students living outside the U.S., who need a J-1 visa to participate in our program, must submit their applications by this deadline.There are some key dates and deadlines that you should strive to meet for each semester, especially for more competitive programs and scholarship opportunities.
Please note that 2017 dates are still subject to change.
Fall Program 2017 Download PDF
IMPORTANT: you need a J1 VISA to participate to the Capitol Hill
and TWC programs.
Your application must be completed and sent by the above dates.
- Discuss credit and cost arrangements with your liaison.
- Consider timing (Fall, Spring, Summer).
- Talk to your parents.
- Contact us for any questions.
- Review the checklist of supporting documents for the application.
- Identify letter of recommendation providers.
- Request transcripts.
- Confirm your liaison's approval.
- Meet with your career services office to review your résumé.
- Identify your field of interest for internship.
- You will be invited to create an account on the online TWC student portal.
- You will submit your application by following the instructions. Throughout the process, you can save your application and return to it at a later time.
- Upon receiving your complete list of documents, a Joint TWC-The French American Fund Admission Committee will review your application within two weeks of its completion and a decision on admission will be sent via email.